Thursday, October 19, 2006

City Knitty: 11.10.2006

After all that excitement at the parliament it was quite a quiet Wednesday evening at the City Cafe and one that I lost my notes for it would seem. Although now I think about it, it's quite likely that I didn't take any because I was convinced that I could remember and would blog forthwith on returning home. Hmm. I do remember the conversation though as we started debating whether or not City Knitty needs to find a new home.

We've been meeting in the City Cafe since our first ever meeting but it seems to us now that while being a cool hang out and having tasty generous food portions the City Cafe is somewhat on the poorly lit and rather loud side. So a rough plan has been sketched out for taking City Knitty on tour for the month of November and trying out new venues that our amassed resource of knitters recommend. Initial suggestions include Chai teahouse on Candlemaker Row and Standing Order pub in New Town. So please come forth with any good ideas for well-lit, spacious, friendly venues of a reasonable price in the centre of Edinburgh.

As for the knitting, from who I remember being there I'm guessing it was a scarf swatch, an empress line jumper, a black and red reversible jumper, a moss stitch hooded blanket and a pair of nice twisty wrist warmers. Forgive me if I'm wrong.

All ideas for possible new venues are welcome!


Clare

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home